View Issue Details
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0001503||SOGo||Web Mail||public||2011-11-16 20:45||2016-12-15 14:39|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version|
|Summary||0001503: Forwarded mail display problems, sometimes not displayed at all|
|Description||Emacs/Gnus can forward mail with the outer mail Content-Type of message/rfc822 rather than the usual multipart seen in other MUAs when forwarding-as-attachment. This causes a few rendering problems in SOGo:|
* Usually the entire email is shown, including headers, even inner attachment base64 data.
* Usually inner attachments also show correct download links (in addition to the base64 data).
When I say _usually_, I mean when the attached mail has Content-Type of multipart/mixed.
When the attached email has Content-Type of multipart/signed, the display has the following artifacts:
* Terse email headers are shown (which is good, but opposite of behavior explained above)
* The first inner-part is not rendered at all.
* None of the parts are rendered at all.
* There is a download link that has some of the characteristics of a normal non-forwarded PGP/MIME application/pgp-signature MIME part (e.g. "Untitled-2 (203)" is the link label), however the link is a broken URL ("/SOGo/so/0" which results in a page saying "object not found: 0")
|Additional Information||This problem was initially brought to my attention when I friend of mine reported that he couldn't see any of the email content of a message I forwarded to him. He also said that the content did appear once he clicked reply.|
I have tried several combinations of MUA, attachments, with or without RFC 3156, and forwarding styles, including Outlook and Thunderbird (which do not share the problems described above).
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|Please attach a few sample mails.|
Attaching a forwarded email with an image attachment.
* Full email shown including headers and base64 data.
* Correct download link for the image is shown.
forwarded-image.mail (18,737 bytes)
forwarded-pgp-mime.mail (4,185 bytes)
Attached a forwarded email with PGP/MIME (RFC 3156)
* Terse headers shown (good)
* No content shown
* Broken download link
Wow you're quick Ludovic ;-)
BTW, one more piece of information regarding PGP/MIME.
Of course I don't expect SOGo to support PGP/MIME, but it's interesting to note that a normal non-forwarded multipart/signed message is rendered correctly. It's only the attachment stuff that seems to break (and if signed message were part of multipart-attached forwarded message, it is rendered fine too)
|2011-11-16 20:45||gturner||New Issue|
|2011-11-16 20:47||ludovic||Note Added: 0003024|
|2011-11-16 20:47||gturner||Note Added: 0003025|
|2011-11-16 20:48||gturner||File Added: forwarded-image.mail|
|2011-11-16 20:48||gturner||File Added: forwarded-pgp-mime.mail|
|2011-11-16 20:50||gturner||Note Added: 0003026|
|2011-11-16 20:52||gturner||Note Added: 0003027|
|2011-11-24 15:19||ludovic||Target Version||=> 1.3.11|
|2011-12-12 12:35||francis||Target Version||1.3.11 => 1.3.12|
|2012-01-27 15:55||ludovic||Target Version||1.3.12 =>|
|2016-12-15 14:39||ludovic||Severity||major => minor|