First, you need to make sure you use Microsoft Outlook 2003, 2007 or 2010.
Prior configuring Microsoft Outlook, you first must boot the virtual appliance. Make sure you’re using a bridged network adapter and once the virtual appliance has booted, write down the IP address being used by it.
From your Windows operating system, open the the C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts using Notepad and add the IP address of the SOGo ZEG applicance:
192.168.1.3 sogo.openchange.local sogo
To configure Microsoft Outlook 2003, first open the Control Panel and double-click on the Mail icon. Click on the “E-mail Accounts…” button and add a new email account. Then, choose “Microsoft Exchange Server” account using the following parameters :
- IP address of the virtual appliance in the “Microsoft Exchange Server:” field
- Check “Use Cached Exchange Mode“
- Type in your username in the “User Name:” field and don’t click on “Check Name”
- Then click on the “More Settings…” button and discard the warning
- In the “Microsoft Exchange Server” window, click “Ok” to continue
- From the “Security” tab, check “Always prompt for user name and password”
- Click “Ok” to close the window
- Click “Next” and “Finish“Enter a valide username and password.