|Anonymous | Login | Signup for a new account||2019-09-21 22:35 EDT|
|My View | View Issues | Change Log | Roadmap | Repositories|
|View Issue Details|
|ID||Project||Category||View Status||Date Submitted||Last Update|
|0000003||SOGo||Backend Calendar||public||2009-04-16 05:06||2011-04-25 08:15|
|Target Version||Fixed in Version||1.3.7|
|Summary||0000003: Feature Request: Ressource Planning|
|Description||A possibility to manage "Resources" like notebooks, beamers, conferencing rooms, ... (seen in eGroupware) would be very nice|
Make an appointment (and invite some colleagues) and reserve
"conferencing room 2", the "large beamer" and the "CAD-notebook"
|Tags||No tags attached.|
|+1 for this feature! It'll be a great achievement, which - even small - company doesn't need to manage ressource reservation? Where I work (NGO) we're trying to tie SOGo with phpscheduleit... :-(|
Resources should each have a calendar associated with them.
We could provide options to auto-accept/auto-reject invitations for those if the calendar belongs to a resource.
Some ideas I've seen deployed with other software:
· Some resources require authorization, some don't.
· Some users can be resource administrators and may delete a reservation.
· Ressources can be scheduled without an associated event.
· Any other ideas you want to discuss or share just mail me! :-) TIA.
Stefan Helms (reporter)
edited on: 2011-01-20 12:28
Another *STRONG* +1!
- Each resource is a regular user
- Add a GUI option to any useraccount to automagically accept/reject invitaions (plus a field to configure in which calendar automatically accepted appointments are stored)
- If no conflicting appointment (time overlap and (status accepted or tentative)) exists in this "autoaccept" calendar => accept appointment on creation
- If conflicting appointment exists => decline and inform sender about the organizer of the conflicting event (so they can fight it out)
[It would be cool if resources would work without an IMAP account (invitations directly injected into the db tables, not via mail): In our environment the IMAP-/LDAP-servers are managed centrally and only real persons are granted an account. Our department has an own LDAP (Active Directory) configured as a secondary SOGoUserSource for resources and those currently have alias/distribution-list addresses configured being delivered to the IMAP accounts of their respective managers.
PLEASE let's not start a discussion about how sensible/braindamaged this infrastructure is, it's due to politics and history and considering my tight schedule I would prefer not to engage in politics.]
- Easy to implement and manage
- No special infrastructure or object types needed
- Existing free/busy can be used for resources without further changes
- Transparent to the user (just invite a resource like anyone else)
- Easy to switch a resource between being selfmanaged (autoaccept activated) and controlled (autoaccept deactivated, manually accepted/declined on behalf by a resource manager)
- Easy to transfer managed resources to another manager (change ACLs and mail forwarding)
- Existing ACLs can be used to make someone a resource manager
Until anything like this is included in SOGo, I would really love to hack around this *huge* shortcoming by scripting a cronjob performing the necessary checks and changes to the database tables directly.
But to do this I would need a documentation of the database schema including the correlation between content and "quick" tables (that seems to be quite a strange implementation btw - or maybe it's because I don't understand).
So far I couldn't find anything.
Can anyone please help me out on this?
|Implemented with http://mtn.inverse.ca/revision/diff/be9e28d5d42ed05605b27d2127cf29b07678495b/with/5de6a9584cf27a2c1dad8d1ab8b84fc9ddab2720 [^]|
|2009-04-16 05:06||VooDooMaster||New Issue|
|2010-06-05 09:57||roberto||Note Added: 0001095|
|2010-08-16 12:53||ludovic||Status||new => assigned|
|2010-08-16 12:53||ludovic||Assigned To||=> ludovic|
|2010-08-16 12:54||ludovic||Note Added: 0001308|
|2010-08-30 15:00||roberto||Note Added: 0001396|
|2011-01-20 11:29||Stefan Helms||Note Added: 0002035|
|2011-01-20 11:32||Stefan Helms||Note Edited: 0002035|
|2011-01-20 12:08||Stefan Helms||Note Edited: 0002035|
|2011-01-20 12:09||Stefan Helms||Note Edited: 0002035|
|2011-01-20 12:12||Stefan Helms||Note Edited: 0002035|
|2011-01-20 12:27||Stefan Helms||Note Edited: 0002035|
|2011-01-20 12:28||Stefan Helms||Note Edited: 0002035|
|2011-04-25 08:15||ludovic||Note Added: 0002406|
|2011-04-25 08:15||ludovic||Status||assigned => resolved|
|2011-04-25 08:15||ludovic||Fixed in Version||=> 1.3.7|
|2011-04-25 08:15||ludovic||Resolution||open => fixed|
|Copyright © 2000 - 2019 MantisBT Team|